Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's hard to believe I've been here for almost 6 days! The days go by so fast. It's absolutely beautiful in every single way imaginable. I adore my professors and they have such a passion for everything they teach. I would kill to have professors like this back in the states. They are completely down to earth and so laid back.

My apartment is about a 15 minute walk away from the HISA school where we hold some of our classes when we aren't out on excursions. When this is the view I have on my walk everyday... I don't mind at all. :) The water is so amazingly blue in tons of different shades.










In my first photography class, we simply focused on getting to know aperture and shutter speed settings, depending on if you're aiming for a crisp image or for some motion. We went out on one of the higher edges next to a church while my professor, Cameron, jumped down multiple times so we could practice capturing the image. I had somewhat of an idea of how these settings worked, but my professors are super helpful and I'm a bit more comfortable shooting in manual mode now.



Today we worked on depth of field and which F-stops to use depending on if you want your foreground, middle ground, or background in focus. 


And we practiced using each other subjects for the others to shoot images of us in a staggered line. Of course we had to have our own fun when it was our turn to be the guinea pigs with cameras in our faces. 



The sunsets here are incredible. Last night we made some dinner and ate on the rooftop. Tonight we ate dinner on the water at another great restaurant. It's almost impossible to find "bad" food here. (Unless it's an attempt at American cuisine. Yuck. Save that for the states)




Hilary and Megan in their lovely island clothing. haha.

Doesn't matter the time of day, this place is gorgeous. Getting pretty excited for our excursions planned coming up! Mykonos, Naxos, Delos, Antiparos, and Santorini!!!




Hope everything is well at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment