Friday, June 21, 2013

No Mykonos :(

Quick note: I just want to start out with a "fun fact" about where I was cliff jumping the other day. haha. I don't know if you guys have ever seen "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" 1 or 2, but me being the curious person that I am, I googled some of their shooting locations and I was surprised to recognize all of the areas they were at on Santorini. 

The cliff in the background of this picture from the second movie is the cliff I jumped from the other day... the top left where the cliff flattens out.



Such a rush

I'm so glad one of the guys on the trip has GoPro Camera 
so we can take it out into the water.


Unfortunately, the weather decided it did not want to cooperate for our voyage to Mykonos. We loaded up a beautiful sailboat and hit the open sea for about an hour. At first, the big waves were fun and we were all laughing as if we were on an amusement park ride. Wellllll... the waves started getting larger and larger and needless to say, I was honestly scared for my life. We had people getting sea sick over the side of the boat, people with anxiety running high, and then the small group of people in the front having the time of their lives not giving two cares if the boat tipped right then and there. At first, I was up front with that group, standing even, for most of the ride, having a blast getting soaked and going up and down with the waves. Eventually, it got to be too much though and we turned around. A 2 hour trip was going to take us 4 + hours, so we bailed. We were hoping to still be able to spend the night on the boat on a different island, but that didn't work out. 









We were able to have a family dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Aeoli, on Paros though, which was great.

Today, I have my two classes and tonight we are having a BBQ on the rooftop of our apartments to say good bye to a lot of people in the group. The group here from California Long Beach is headed out to Athens to continue their trip around Europe, and a few others only took a 2 week class opposed to the 3 weeks like I'm doing. It's bittersweet and sad to say goodbye. It feels like this experience just started and it's already coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment